Currently Obsessed : Large Animal Statues…

large animal statues and figurines as home decor

I have an area in my new office that is desperately in need of a vintage animal statue at least 24″ tall. And since I decided that the other day, I’ve been OBSESSIVELY searching for the perfect fit. Now, if I were say, looking for a bear or eagle wood carved sculpture, I could literally drive five minutes down the road and own one. Unfortunate as it may be, a woodland creature is not the animal I had in mind, and so my hunt continues.

I found an absolute favorite on Ebay last week {No.1 below} listed at $325 with a $110 shipping and just couldn’t justify the cost {even though I’ll spend more on a single bag or pair of shoes, which I cannot justify either}. I was secretly hoping this fabulous spotted cat wouldn’t garner any bids and then I’d contact the seller with a lower price and have it for myself. But alas, it sold, with one single bidder. And in my obsessive search, I may have spent nearly as much on smaller, lower-priced animal figurines I’m hoping I won’t regret upon arrival.

Though they are hard to come by, if you’re willing to fork over the cash, there are plenty of other amazingly gorgeous animal statues around, {it’s particularly the vintage Italian style I’m looking for, though a hilarious option is always welcome}. In fact, I’m almost tempted to buy a cheapy plaster or resin version and just paint it myself! And somehow, in the middle of all of this, I am reminded of my childhood, when I would have traded my left arm to have a certain life-sized carousel horse in my bedroom.

large vintage animal statues as decor

Links & Prices…

1. Large Vintage Italian Cheetah Statue $325 {sold ~ Ebay}
2. Italian Ceramic Lion statue $299 {sold ~ One Kings Lane}
3. Sitting Grayhound Figurine $317 {new @ Wayfair}
4. Vintage Fox or Dog statue $299 {Ebay}
5. Ceramic Whippet $949 {sold ~ One Kings Lane}
6. Pair of seated Whippets dogs $4500 {um, wow}

rooms with large animal statues

Other options not shown…

1. LOVE but too small… Vintage Ceramic Red & Orange Drip Cat Figurine Statue Sitting $99 {Ebay}
2. LOVE Vintage Italian Greyhound Large Ceramic Statue $299
3. GORGEOUS but too small Vintage white cat statue $125
4. Faux version Distressed Whippet Dog on Base Statue $135 {fiber stone-very light}
5. AMAZING… ly expensive Big Zsolnay Black Porcelain Art Deco Cat $780
6. Sold & ridiculously expensive anyway… Midcentury Cheetah statue $1499
7. Pair of Lions at Guard $240

great dane porcelain dog statue

I’m currently obsessing over this Great Dane statue… $800 at Jeannine’s Home Furnishings

Woodsy Chic decor boutique in Lake Arrowhead

animal statues, home decor

I had to have this Vintage Egyptian Cat figurine

she’s only about 12″ tall… but isn’t she so pretty?

Sources: Room one | Room two

January 29, 2013 | Reply

i think i love them all! ESPECIALLY the kitty!

and someday i will have a carousel horse or ten. just you wait and see! lol

• Rebecca

January 29, 2013 | Reply

I think it looks kind of strange and creepy but nothing is more different than taste, soo.
    But I must say that it looks really harmonic in your room♥.

• Sena Dees

January 29, 2013 | Reply

I like this idea. I’ve always been a fan of fun ceramic animals. Ps the first room picture, the large black greyhound? Exactly like the white one chandler and Joey had in Friends. Aka awesome.

• Misty

January 29, 2013 | Reply

The big white dogs make me think of Chandler and Joey. And now I want one!

• Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~

January 29, 2013 | Reply

DO IT! – i regret to this day i almost bought an almost lifesize HORSE from HomeGoods – but i couldn’t find a way to get the bad boy home – i to this day regret not renting a moving truck!

• tracey

January 29, 2013 | Reply

Hi Maegan,
    Posted to Facebook but it didn’t show up. Wanted to let you know I have a 23″ tall Ceramic leopard just like number 1. She has a different facial expression, but is the same Made in Italy and beautiful glaze. I also have a large white ceramic greyhound. I’m moving from Baltimore to North Hollywood on Feb. 15th, if you are interested I could send you pics and you could make me an offer. You could pick them up next time you are in the Valley. I’m moving in with my boyfriend and he isn’t as much of a fan of them as I am, so they are looking for a new home. Love your blog!
    Tracey

• Donna Benedetto

January 29, 2013 | Reply

Thanks so much for sharing the room I designed for the Seven Oaks Designer Showhouse. The large black dog was an old Bergdorf Goodman prob, keep your eye out you can find them occasionally.
    Donna
    donnabenedetto.com

• Maegan Tintari

January 30, 2013 | Reply

Donna… That’s so fabulous! Please let me know where you’d prefer me to link it to, as I’m not sure my source is the original!

Thank you!! and also, so fabulous!!

• Lauren Gordon-Thomson

January 30, 2013 | Reply

That Egyptian kitty statue is stunning. Yes please!

Lauren x
    Gordon + Gold

• lindsey

January 30, 2013 | Reply

The big black dog statue is definitely reminiscent of Joey and Chandler :) I know it’s random but this post reminded me of restoration hardware’s gramophones for the iphone/ipad… ps-I love the kitty :)

savage-dreamer.blogspot.ca

• mikky

January 30, 2013 | Reply

Your cat statue is a cutie. I love big animal statues too. I’d get that funky lion with the big hairdo in a moment, too bad he’s sold!
    mikky