It’s Not Far to Never Never Land… No reason to pretend.

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

What I’m Wearing…

* Big Striped Sweater from Jigsaw london {seen here and here}
* Vintage flannel plaid shirt worn under {I need more of these!!!}
* Vintage police jacket {I’ve had forever}
* Paige Denim rebel without a cause jeans {had for a few years, remember the sequin fanny pack?}
* Duck boots and favorites for the snow by Crocs {with a little boot chain on the bottom so I don’t damn slip and fall again}
* Brown slouchy Kooba “Jonnie” bag {from a few years ago}
* Tom Ford cat eyes.. still holding strong since 2010!
* Shandon Ireland tweed Newsboy capwearing it here too in a look I loved}
* Gloves were a gift from Alison, Earrings are t+j designs

* Title: lyrics from one of the best songs ever made EVER Christopher Cross “Sailing” also, try not to cry

I’m loving wearing hats, mostly I have no other choice because it’s so cold, but they add another fun accessory to my outfits, and best of all, they hide my roots as they are growing in. I wore this outfit last week actually and ironically am going to a new salon today up here on the mountain to get my hair done. I’m taking a risk and hoping it comes out how I like it. I had planned to let my hair grow out a bit more and schedule and appointment with my regular stylist in LA, but I have a little filming to do this weekend and so the roots couldn’t wait.. Seriously though, fingers crossed the color comes out right. Also note, it’s the first time I’ll be driving since we moved up here on December 5th… yeah, lol, happy much of the snow has melted away.

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Winter style, stripes and plaid, newsboy cap, black and brown

Happy Hump Day Lovecats!

• Heather Carson

January 16, 2013 | Reply

SUPER cute and comfy for the snow!

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

• Jola

January 16, 2013 | Reply

i loooove your shoes!

January 16, 2013 | Reply

Great, crisp photos! Love your striped sweater and flannel shirt look. Actually, we can use our hubby/BF’s great flannel shirts underneath a sweater and not have to worry that the flannel shirt being too big, etc. Thanks for this great idea! p.s. I’m sure your haircolor will be just perfect! (I’m the one who loved the golden highlights in your hair a year or more ago.) Have a great day, Sunshine!

• Jennifer

January 16, 2013 | Reply

Love this!
    I love throwing on hats to hide my bad hair days too ;)

xo Jennifer

January 16, 2013 | Reply

i love this outfit! perfecto!!!! and comfy too.

i cannot even believe how cold this weather is. i am cold all the time except when i am in my CAR. lol! seriously! but i hear the 70 degree temps are coming. HOORAY!

this is going to sound nuts, but i was wondering what you would do with the hair — if you would dare try a new salon in your area. it makes the most sense, but i know it can be a very scary proposition! i hope it turns out well!!!!!!!

p.s. fucking focacta art fair time again. omfg. i wish this would be my last fair, but we have another one in feb. JOY!

• MerciBlahBlah

January 17, 2013 | Reply

First of all – love the sassy outfit. Secondly – the husband and I were JUST talking about Sailing this weekend. I was singing it to him and told him about a comedian who did a bit years ago on the song. He said it was like the Doppler effect, as if listening to it was akin to listening to Christopher Cross driving in a car down the road singing it as he went along…”saaaAAAAIIIILLling! takes me away to where I’m going…”

Ah well, it was way funnier listening to the comedian, but whatevs. I STILL love that song. Maybe not as much as Ride Like The Wind, but it’s good nonetheless.

merci!
    Shannan

• Berty Morales

January 17, 2013 | Reply

Maegan, you look super cute! I am in love with your outfit and the photos. The are simply beuatiful. Great background ;)

• Adiel

January 17, 2013 | Reply

Oooh! I’m obsessed with those sunnies!

• Graziela Oborn

January 17, 2013 | Reply

Maegan, you look so good in hats. Every time I try one on, if my husband is with me, he cracks up laughing. He laughs so hard that now I have developed a hat phobia.
    I should try it again but maybe not when he is around.

The entire look is perfection and it looks so comfy as well.

Love from Australia
    X Grazi

• jenn~the stylish housewife

January 17, 2013 | Reply

you look SO cute. and what in the eff are snow chains for shoes??? lol!!! thank goodness your hair turned out good (saw the insta)…nothing would cause me more anxiety than a new hairdresser! oh, and just in case you didn’t think my hair was grey enough…my hairdresser said, well…the good news is you can have any hair color you want since your hair ha no pigment. OMG OMG OMG. um, that is NOT good news. i swear to you it turned 100% grey overnight. can you tell i am not taking this well?

p.s. will i be seeing you in miami in feb??? =)

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Stephanie

January 17, 2013 | Reply

Love the bag!!

~Stephanie

• Alina

January 17, 2013 | Reply

Absolutely love everything about this outfit! Your posts are always super fun to read!
    Any advice for me as a Fashion Design student starting out my blog, I’ve only been doing this for about 4 months…It’s getting there & most importantly I’m having fun doing it,but Let me know if you have feedback, I’ll be more than happy to hear what you think :)

-Alina
    Transparentdimensions.blogspot.com

• the-glitter-life.com

January 17, 2013 | Reply
  • LesliMarie

January 18, 2013 | Reply

Love the boots!

xo

• Jessi

January 20, 2013 | Reply

Maintaining chic-ness amidst snow and cold is not always easy, but I’d say you’ve got it down! And cute hats are easy winter accessories.