You’re Gonna Need a Bulletproof Soul

camo jacket, cheetah sweater

What I’m Wearing…

* Thrifted camo jacket on a recent shopping expedition up in these here parts ;) There was a name patch above one of the pockets which I easily removed with a seam ripper then tossed in the wash. I can’t believe how perfectly it fits. I love those kind of finds. I’d rather find an original style for $4.99 than a new designer version for $499
* Cheetah sweater by Viva Vena! by Vena Cava
* Light blush blouse by Zoe & Sam worn under which I had originally tucked in but ended up pulling out after a while … see it in emerald here
* Off white skinny cords by Blank Denim
* Rose gold and pink crystal necklace by Guy & Eva {which you can barely see but is one of my favorites – see it better here}
* 3.1 Phillip Lim ~ Pashli bag… though I wished I had a smaller/crossbody to use that day. This bag, while handy, gets very heavy.
* Blush suede ankle boots by Sam Edelman

* Nails: Metallic Trio
* Title: lyrics from Sade “Bulletproof Soul”

It was surprisingly difficult to find an area to shoot this outfit in because all the snow had melted and the camouflage jacket actually blended in with the woodsy backdrop. It made me giggle at first, because that would never be an issue back home… and then I wondered when if ever, I will refer to our new home as “home”?

camo jacket, cheetah sweater, white cords, blush boots

Cheetah sweater, metallic nails

sam edelman blush suede ankle boots

back of hair, long waved hair

neutral outfit, cheetah and camo prints

cheetah sweater, camo jacket, phillip lim pashli bag

camo jacket, cheetah sweater, neutral outfit

3.1 phillip lim pashli bag, vintage camo jacket

neutral outfit with camo and cheetah prints

details, cheetah sweatshirt, camo jacket, metallic nails, long waves

neutral outfit, long waves, cheetah sweatshirt, camouflage jacket

Happy Tuesday!

* FACEBOOK * TWITTER * BLOGLOVIN’ * PINTEREST *

February 19, 2013 | Reply

Just my kind of look! The air must be clean and crisp over there….the photos are fabulous! Love blouse and sweater. Your hair is heavenly. Beautiful highlights. Kudos to your hair colorist!

• Jennifer

February 19, 2013 | Reply

So cute! Great thrift find!

xo Jennifer

• Jane Droll

February 19, 2013 | Reply

love love love your outfit! so cute! and you are very good at mixing patterns.

your thrift find reminds me of darryl on the walking dead. DARRYL. lol. that is a good thing. :)

• Andi of My Beautiful Adventures

February 19, 2013 | Reply

You have the most beautiful hair in the world! Seriously!!! Love the outfit!

• CodeOverdressed

February 20, 2013 | Reply

Fun mix! I love how you do unexpected very sophisticated!

Cee. ♥

• Danielle Eisenbacher

February 20, 2013 | Reply

I still refer to Chicago as my home despite not having lived there in over fifteen years!

I bet you are feeling a little homesick – it’s such a new environment and lifestyle, but I bet once you have vigorously decorate the house and everything is (relatively) in it’s place – you will feel so much better!

Personally, I am loving all the winter posts! Here in Minneapolis is frigid and usually the winter posts give me weather envy! :)

xoxox

• Lisa Petrarca

February 20, 2013 | Reply

I love the pattern mix and match. You always take the unexpected and make it look so good. I’m waiting to see your new mountain looks after you’ve been there for a while (rabbit fur jackets that you and your hubby went hunting for)LOL! jk!! I’m sure that will happen when it becomes “home,” right?;) Seriously though…so happy for you guys. You seem so content up there.

• TSO OTM

February 20, 2013 | Reply
  • Nina Swim

February 20, 2013 | Reply

You remind me to listen Sade’s bulletproof soul song! I love this song!! I love your outfit! Nice print combination ;)

• Frances @ It's Sew My Style

February 20, 2013 | Reply

I know the feeling of never knowing if you’ll call a new city home. I moved from Miami, Fl to Bloomington, IL six years ago and although I like it here and wouldn’t move back, I still call Miami home. It’s a really strange phenomenon.

February 23, 2013 | Reply

Every girls want to need a Bullet proof soul.
    click here

February 25, 2013 | Reply

very Nice and fabolous Look.
    click here

• Scarlett Graham

March 19, 2013 | Reply

I like my Skinny jeans, knee high boots, and white top. scarlett.alvarado at yahoo dot com

• Alexandra

August 1, 2013 | Reply

You’re such a gorgeous girl and your sense of style is terrific!