I Got a New Job, Lovecats… And I Need Your Help!

Lovecats, I need your help! Last week I began a position writing for Babble | Beauty and I’m suddenly drawing blanks and lacking ideas for what to write about. I think I’m simply having the “OMG WHY DID I TAKE ON ANOTHER JOB WHEN I ALREADY HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO?” panic attack, which is leaving me completely zapped of ideas. Also, and for some reason which I usually don’t do, I’m worried about what “readers” are going to want, vs what I just want to write about… which I’m hoping will change in a week or so when I feel more comfortable with the platform.

I’ve agreed to write 3 posts a week over at Babble | Beauty and have only been able to get one published called 10 Great Green Nail Polishes to inspire your St. Patrick’s Day Manicure. I think it is informative and helpful, but it was also a bit of a trial post for me to ease me into this new job.

So this is where you come in… What would you like to read about? What beauty or hair products would you like more information on? Do you have any personal “beauty” questions I could incorporate into a post over there? Or is there anything else you may be interested in reading about?

I’m hoping your questions or suggestions will spark some creativity flowing in my mind again so it doesn’t feel like it’s rejecting every single idea that pops into it!

Hope you’re having a nice weekend!

* FACEBOOK * TWITTER * BLOGLOVIN’ * PINTEREST *

March 9, 2013 | Reply

Tips for heat styling damaged hair (not too damaged, just a little dry and frizzy from coloring). Makeup for summer (non-greasy, won’t melt off by noon). Coconut oil craze – yes, no. Fun new summer hair?

• Delphia Ann

March 9, 2013 | Reply

• jenn~the stylish housewife

March 9, 2013 | Reply

YAY! CONGRATS! you know my first thought had to be something to do with grey hair. =) LOL….which btw, now i am at the friggen hair dresser every 4 weeks to cover these greys. ugh. yes, i’m a little cray cray about the grey. ok….so how about a round-up of all of your FAB hair tutorials??? and maybe you can include that sexy half up hair do tutorial that i have been begging you for??? =) whatever you decide, i know it will be amazing.

P.S. i always seem to take over your comments section and make it all about me, don’t i?

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Aimz Khalid

March 9, 2013 | Reply

some GREAT beauty tips maybe..

• Toya

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Congratulations! I enjoy your blog and look forward to reading your articles with Babble. Here are a few things I would like to read about.
    Oil Cleansing. Is it suitable for all skin types?
    Must have Lip balms/lip moisturizers.
    Must have topics.

• Kasia

March 10, 2013 | Reply

congrats on the new gig! i would love to see tutorials for eye makeup! I find myself always doing the same shadows because it’s what i know best. I’ve seen little diagrams of the eye and where to put what color (like lid, brow bone, etc.) for me, it would inspire me to buy shades that I didn’t previously think i could pull off if I saw it on a real person not just a drawn diagram. something like that would be soo helpful!!

xoxo, kasia

• Stephanie F

Congratulations! :)

I like to read about:
    - skin care for over 30.
    - serums (as in skin serums, are they worth it?)
    - safe “tanning” (spray etc)
    - easy hair styles for long hair (I recently tried your big curl hairstyle, so easy, and I loved it!!)

Stephanie

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Congratulations on your new job!
    Maybe a DIY? I love your DIYs…
    Wrinkle cream/moisturizer comparison and various price points
    How to clean out your closet!!! (Hoarder tendencies here ;)
    Hope some of these work for you!
    Congrats again!

• Love is Beauty ♥

March 10, 2013 | Reply

I would love to know about hir products that promote hair growth or healthy hair! Or maybe great heat protectants! Thank You! :)

March 10, 2013 | Reply

- Benefits and ways to use coconut oil
    - How to change skin/hair routines from winter to spring
    - Makeup trends for spring

• Jenny Jackson Kersting

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Would love to see more of your hair tutorials and I definitely need a good skin care regime if you have any ideas.

March 10, 2013 | Reply

-henna as alternative to chemical hair dyes (PPDs, cancer causing agents etc)
    -organic products, oil cleansing
    -eating to improve health, with visible results in skin, hair, nails, etc (ex removing gluten, wheat, soy or other allergy irritants, including less processed goods and moving to a whole foods diet to improve overall well being and appearance)

March 10, 2013 | Reply

There HAS to be a temporary haircolor that doesn’t have a strong fume odor…….and no peroxide, no ammonia. Any suggestions?

• Marina

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Nail care. I find that the older I get and the more I paint my nails, the more they chip. Is that just me?

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Cle de Peau cream that’s worth $600. Worth it?
    How to create loose wavy hair ala Gisele or Blake Lively?
    Fish braid
    Smokey eyes
    Clarsonic worth it?
    Teeth whiteners

• DNA (designers+artists)

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Congrats on the job! How about a “beauty on the go” tips? Like for the busy gal on the go type of thing? I always love those kinds of tutorials.

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Do Brazilian blow-outs work and are they safe?
    Self-tanner recommendations?
    The perfect nude lip
    Home facials. Any steam recommendations? Homemade facial masks?
    Facial massage – do they work?
    Best hand lotion, best cuticle cream

Congratulations!!
    Skin care in your 30′s
    Peels or Clarisonic- do they work?
    Body makeup

• Sarah Penagos

March 10, 2013 | Reply

bb cream reviews and tips
    DIY fashion and refashion

Btw, just started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I’m hooked!

March 10, 2013 | Reply

With summer coming, I would love to know about best self tanning products. Price would be no object if I could find a non-smelly, non- orangey, long lasting tanning lotion .

• Jr.

March 10, 2013 | Reply

You are such an inspiration! I am currently going to school for PR and recently started interning for a beauty bog. I post once a week and I am finding it so hard to manage my time between school, pt job, and the beauty blog. It’s amazing how you continue to post regularly on your on blog, take on other projects (BlogHer, This new beauty blog ect.) and stay current on all your social media! It’s really amazing, and your so good at it all. Ive been a reader of your blog for years and Im looking forward to your new endeavour. As for what I would like to see, product reviews, DIY home treatments, your skin care routine because your skin is amazing.

xo

• Jamillah

March 10, 2013 | Reply

I would love to learn these things:
    -Pore minimizers
    -a good natural deodorant
    -cuticle maintenance
    -face mask, are these worth the time?
    -dry scalp remedies

Thanks!!! Good luck! Looks like lots of good suggestions here.

• Englandia...

March 10, 2013 | Reply

You know, I am interested in anything that talks about skin and fashion for people in their 30s. That’s why I love your blog so much.

So maybe skincare, makeup, drugstore and high end would be really lovely.

• Paula Shoe-fiend

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Makeup Brushes. So many people don’t get the whole synthetics versus natural fibres. You could give us some good brands with a good spectrum of price range. Also I will read anything about nail polish – seriously. Good Luck!

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

Eye shadow tutorials
    Staying stylish with hair and fashion as you age (mags always show old lady clothes and I’m just not going there in my early 40′s!
    How to get Botox without losing all expression
    Your morning routine and timeline
    A vintage shopping spree, I never find the great vintage clothes you say you find at thrift stores; give some hints!
    Loving your blog and advice. Thanks for sharing!

March 10, 2013 | Reply

Anti aging products for women in their 30′s, hair tutorials, bright lipsticks and smokey eye how to’s.

• siovhan

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Clairsonic, all it’s cracked up to be?
    BB cream how/when to use it.
    Face masks
    Coconut oil vs. Moroccan Oil
    Vacation beauty tips

• Aishah

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Congrats, on your new job!! You are one of my biggest inspirations and motivations for me to pick back up my photography business and blog about fashion, make up, things I love, etc.

I would personally love advice on make up and taking care yourself, like skin and hair (especially with summer coming up) other things like how to keep your Nails healthy as well especially if you constantly paint them. Also, everyone has a definition of beauty and make up beauty essentials.

Also, I have really thick and healthy hair.. But I’m not one who spends a lot on shampoo or hair products, however I want my healthy long hair for as long as I possibly can.. So with your basic brands like herbal essences or suave, what do you suggest? What’s the most inexpensive but good heat protector?

Lastly, what are some easy ways to get rid of acne scarring? Any home remedies? Ohh and what about teeth whitening?

And DIY projects especially like the feather wall decor, how can we do them for cheaper?

For all the things I mentioned I would love to see alternates to overpriced amazing, make up and what not. (my budget is places like Sephora (but Sephora brand stuff only, ulta, and maybe MAC)

Sincerely,
    Aishah

sincerelyaishah.blogspot.com

• Me

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Yay! You are a ROCK STAR!

I would love articles on –

Alternatives to botox
    Home facials
    Home hair coloring

I’m off to add it as a favorite now!

• Amy Mahon

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Oooh.. good question. I would love to know more about false lashes: best types, application, how long they last, etc. I always feel really stupid when it comes to falsies!

• Ivana

March 11, 2013 | Reply

First of all, congratulations! I know your column will be fantastic!

I would love to read more about how to take care of combination skin, how to find the perfect shade of red lipstick, how to get a healthy glowing skin (not oily shiny :) and a bunch of nail ideas: you always have the BEST tutorials!

Hope this was helpful :)

Have a fabulous new week, Maegan!

xx Ivana

Macarons and Pearls

• A.Co

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Yay!! Congrats, M, how exciting!

Perhaps a daily beauty routine? Your favourite sunscreens? Or maybe how to apply liquid liner? (I looooove liquid liner and have become a ‘pro’ after years of practice, but I think a lot of women struggle with it, and fair enough, it IS tricky!)

• Cait

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Very exciting! I love when you share about hair products & processes (chemical and otherwise). Beauty DIYs (masks, scrubs, makeup, hair jewlery, etc). Steal versus Splurge. What gifts with purchase/palettes are available? Relationship of body/mind/spirit. Diet’s impact on skin, hair, nails. Bathroom paint, light, mirrors. Beauty product expiration. Organic options (great products from Whole Foods, farmer’s markets, etc). Websites comparable to Gilt for beauty.

• Mary A

March 11, 2013 | Reply

Many congrats on your new job!!

Would love to see some ideas when growing out your hair..wavy looks, straight looks, up-dos, low buns..I am in the process of just that, so any hints would help.

Keeping brows groomed in between waxing.

Fashion ideas for we ladies in our 50′s…fun, trendy, classic.

A good natural vitamin supplement that is easy on the stomach.

Will think of some more!:)

• Trissta

March 11, 2013 | Reply

I would love to see uses of natural/DIY money saving type beauty stuff. Stuff that I would actually use. Also, is there a safe way to tint your eyelashes/eyebrows at home? :)

Much Love,
    Trissta

• Lorena

March 12, 2013 | Reply

DYI remedies…. like things with baking soda :)