Let’s Talk About Cellulite, Shall We?

Dimples on a baby? SUPER CUTE!

Dimples on your cheeks? Also CUTE.

Dimples on any other part of your body? NOT SO CUTE.

It’s Cellulite. No one likes it. No one wants it. We all have it, and we’d rather not. Small bodies, large bodies, and all bodies in between; no bodies are immune to these dimples. NOT A ONE.

Continue Reading… Can We Talk About Cellulite for a Minute?

and let me know your thoughts by taking an anonymous poll or leaving a comment!

* Come back later to see which mirror I chose from Lamps Plus for my pseudo-vanity in my new home studio/office!

* FACEBOOK * TWITTER * BLOGLOVIN’ * PINTEREST *

• GRIT AND GLAMOUR

March 14, 2013 | Reply

I’m not sure if this made it through on your post on Babble, so I’m posting here too…

Look, if it bothers you, gorgeous, it MATTERS.

I’m 40 now, and still vain as ever. I’ve been working out religiously (weights/interval training), though my weight has fluctuated as much as 17 pounds in that time because I wasn’t watching what I was eating (READ: too many martinis, wine, and popcorn with the hibs). I have a touch of cellulite on the backs of my upper thighs and bum, which I HATE. I think I have a pretty good bod for a 40 year old, but I know it is way better when I keep my weight at about 128-133 lbs. Not 150 like it was.

When I’m skinnier—at the weight I should be at 5’7″ tall—I feel better and the dimples are barely noticeable or just plain gone. I also cut waaaaaaaay back on dairy, and I do think it has helped. I love cheese, but my new motto is the less cheese in my mouth, the less cheese on my a**!

No creams or massagers (I’ve tried them, believe me) beat the improvement I’ve gotten when I’ve worked out at least three days a week and eaten clean, whole foods—eliminating most sugar, dairy, carbs, and alcohol from my diet. Try it…I bet you will see results. Get yourself a little home gym set up there, lady!

PS: I know it sounds extreme, eliminating all those things. So I try to stick to a paleo diet Monday through Friday, and have a little splurge on the weekends. I find it’s a good balance.

• GRIT AND GLAMOUR

March 14, 2013 | Reply

*with the hubs! Sheesh.

March 14, 2013 | Reply

Don’t be too critical of ‘this bump and that’…..Better to be alive with a few lumps and bumps than the unfortunate alternative. It’s all part of life, and I wouldn’t waste my time being desperate, trying to get rid of the inevitable. It could be counter-productive, mental and health-wise. JMO

• Jennifer

March 14, 2013 | Reply

I think I’m starting to come to terms with the cellulite that I have. I eat well, work out, strength train and it’s still there. Just like my stretch marks, I just need to embrace it. Oh well! Can’t dwell on things that don’t matter.

xo Jennifer

• Rachel

March 14, 2013 | Reply

You know what actually works for those dimples? Have you ever heard of It Works body applicators? I use to be a distributor for them, and their wraps actually DO work! I am 38, and my thighs were looking horrible, I wrapped them and it smoothed out the dimples. They have all natural ingredients..I am no longer a dt, it’s something to look into. but you do have to follow the directions, don’t wrap both thighs at the same time…but if you want smooth legs again, find a distributor…

• Erin R

March 14, 2013 | Reply

I feel it too! I’m 36 and though I’m getting older and have a couple of kids I try to exercise and take care of myself with diet and supplements. I tend toward the tall and thin and always have, but I notice whether my weight is 40 pounds heavier or 20 pounds lighter and whether I eat better or worse . . . its always there. Even as a waifish teenager, I always had cellulite. Its is my lifelong unwanted friend exacerbated by genetics and freakishly pale skin. Tights are how I cope and in the summers on weekends, I grudgingly put on shorts.

• bashashhazbaz

March 14, 2013 | Reply

i will say this, as a guy (at least to me) i don’t notice the dimples on you women-folk as much as you yourself are aware of it. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and gals look beautiful often. but if it bothers you, i say do those safe things to help you be happy with your self-image! :)

• A.Co

March 14, 2013 | Reply

Despite being in my late twenties, don’t think I’m not affected. I’m starting to notice the ‘aging’ process on my body, as you’ve openly talked about before :)

I have minimal cellulite, but it’s forming more and more. As a kid, I remmeber my mom talking a LOT about her veracose veins and always being so down on them… now they are starting to show up on me and I’m TRYING not to pay attention, but with all the nipping, and tucking, and ‘lunch time proceedures’ happening out there and becoming more and more common, I can’t help but worry this will start me worrying more and more as they become more and more apparent. They are quite obvious and since I’m really fair skinned, even more so. My legs are my favourite so I want to feel GOOD showing them off, you know? We all need at least ONE THING we feel good about :)

• Paula Shoe-fiend

March 14, 2013 | Reply

I can’t say my “dimples” bother me – I don’t wear teeny shorts. I think cellulite is one of those things you really can’t change… you can put the creams on and curse your genes, but it never really goes away :-S

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

March 15, 2013 | Reply

Hi Maegan. I also posted on the babble, but I don’t think it made it through either…

I’m in my early twenties and repeatedly told (by doctors and acquaintances) that I’m underweight. I work out to gain weight. And you better believe that I still have some cellulite when I tense up my rump. Even if I wanted to change, losing weight is just not an option for me.

I accept my dimples as part of being a woman. I really wish people didn’t feel embarrassed about it. Healthy women have cellulite. (Cellulite on women is *human nature*, which we’re embarrassed about for some arbitrary sense of aesthetic appeal.) Just try to be healthy and happy :)

Anonymous commenter above, you put a smile on my face. Anyone else out there that can also say that they’re going to forget about their cellulite and save worry for more important things, you’ll bring a smile to my face as well!

• Amy

March 15, 2013 | Reply

In the winter, I don’t think about it at all, but with spring approaching and a trip south next month, it’s really freaking me out. I self-tan my legs like crazy to help minimize its appearance and I’ve even used that freaky Sally Hansen spray-on legs product to make my legs look smoother. I really think it’s one of those things that you notice about yourself 100x more than other people – personally I’m not out in the summertime checking out people’s cellulite and being bothered by it, yet they’re probably freaking out over it, and vice versa. Still, I would like to tone up a wee bit before I venture out with bare legs!

March 15, 2013 | Reply

Hey if it’s there LOVE it. Yes I mean that :) but I will tell you… I love running…..& when I don’t miss my daily 3 to 4 mile run, then the dimples GO AWAY. Then when I miss runs and drink too many martinis, margaritas (aka enjoy life too much!) then it COMES Back! I love to run, toned upper legs is a nice side effect. Today I have some dimples, but I still walk naked and confident around my husband. Today I will not miss my run :) LOVE your blog

• Jenn

September 11, 2013 | Reply

I had my own battles with cellulite for years now. I haven’t really found the best solution for myself. I just started living healthy and stopped worrying about it too much.