I Love Your Style | Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus Style, crop tops

Of all the young 20 somethings working the sort of 90′s androgynous trend right now, I think Miley Cyrus is pulling it off swimmingly. And I think it has a lot to do with her hair… which gives her that added confidence to rock these looks {not to mention her fab little figure - wow I said “figure”… I’m old} in a way that somehow looks sexy rather than boyish and cool rather than slutty. IF that makes any sense at all. Though occasionally she does go a little too far {oh, hello butt cheeks} but who didn’t when they were 20? And if you didn’t then you should have. If I were about 17 years younger, I’d probably want to look exactly like her right now… I did have very very similar hair a few different points in my early 20′s … But she’s rockin’ it right.

It’s like 80′s Madonna meets early 90′s Neneh Cherry with a big helping of 90′s Linda Evangelista and a little grunge thrown in for good measure. And I love it.

Though admittedly not a fan of the look she went with at the Met Ball but the theme was “punk” so it’s understandably over the top.

Miley Cyrus Style, long body con dresses
Miley Cyrus jumpsuit
Miley Cyrus Style, short androgynous hair styles
Miley Cyrus Style, short shorts
Miley Cyrus Style, leather jackets

Image sources

Miley in Mickey Mouse sweater | Miley wearing metallic pencil skirt and crop top | Miley Cyrus wearing a black cut out dress | Miley Cyrus in black and white striped dress | leopard maxi skirt with leg slit | long ivory maxi | Miley’s striped strapless jumpsuit | Miley making a face | Miley Cyrus ~ short hair closeup | Miley Cyrus Black leather Tee, denim shorts, silver platforms | leather tee denim shorts silver platforms | Miley in white shorts | white maxi leather jacket | red jumpsuit and leather jacket | Miley wearing plaid pants

What do you think Lovecats? Love the 90′s or leave them in the past?

* FACEBOOK * TWITTER * BLOGLOVIN’ * PINTEREST *

• CodeOverdressed

May 7, 2013 | Reply

I love Miley too! Her 90′s inspired looks and hair are so refreshing from the rest of hollywood girls, although she’s often criticised I love that she’s not afraid of being herself!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

• jenn~the stylish housewife

May 7, 2013 | Reply

It helps that Rachel Zoe has been her stylist lately…at least for a few of these pics (I think?!). I really like this new look on her as well but my husband…OMG….he can NOT stand her. I think it all started when I started singing “It’s a paaaaarty in the USA” all the time. LOL. I mean, every time he sees her he changes the channel or smirks. I think he actually dislikes her more than Kim Kardashian…if that’s possible. I had a whole lot to say there. So glad your comments are on. =)

XOXO, Jenn
    The Stylish Housewife

• Kelly T

May 7, 2013 | Reply

She has definitely done a style 360! I do love some of her red carpet looks-but, others seem a little out of place. She is doing her own thing and wearing what she wants -which is awesome cudos to her!

//Birdie Shoots//

• Makaila

May 7, 2013 | Reply

Fashion cycles, it’s just the way it is and I agree, I think Miley is doing the 90′s proud. I love that you featured her! She seems to get a lot of hate lately, but by god, she’s 20, as long as she’s not stringing herself out, kuddos to her.

• Holly

May 7, 2013 | Reply

ya know i dont think i would have agreed with you if you didnt post all these pics! i feel ive only seen her bad outfits lately. and her hair in some of these pics is just insanly good! im not surprised you had a similar ‘do at one time ;)

• NICOLE

May 7, 2013 | Reply

Loving this post…I really am falling for Miley’s style.

• dfarber3

May 7, 2013 | Reply

Love it! The short hair makes her style work that much more. Yay for comments!

May 8, 2013 | Reply

Haha! You read my thoughts lately! Just this last week I was thinking wow she looks FAB! She is pretty good at making her style unique and so grown up sexy!

May 8, 2013 | Reply

I’m liking her look(s)! …. p.s. Glad to see that we can post/comment again!

• Butterfly

May 8, 2013 | Reply

bleh :<
    She was my idol but now her hair is horror and style sometimes is OK.

• ma

May 8, 2013 | Reply

To me her look is a take-off from Pink and I like Pink much better!
    Love the 90′s looks too. <3

• Pretty In Pynk

May 8, 2013 | Reply

I think Miley has a fantastic sense of style. And they way she rocks that short hair is so amazing!

• the-glitter-life.com