Where Did My Innocence Go…

retro rainbow summer dress

What I’m Wearing…

* Old rainbow striped dress from Forever21. I actually rarely wear this dress because it’s a bit too big, but I love the retro Summer feel it has.
* Large woven red belt {I honestly can’t remember where I got this it’s so old}
* Lightweight denim shirt by Madewell
* Tiffany gold disc initial pendant necklace
* I think these old sunglasses are from Forever21 too
* White leather Rockie bag by Alexander Wang
* Retro blue and red flip flops are by Crocs… they also make the Retro Flip wedge and in a few other colors as well

* Title: lyrics from Olivia Newton John – ‘A Little More Love’ 1978 – amazing… a must watch

I thought it was quite ironic that the house we ended up buying came equipped with this amazingly large and very old playground that at first glance, looks like a neighborhood park. In fact, when we first looked at the house, we thought it sort of was a little neighborhood park for all the kids. But we soon found out that it was specifically ours. Of course since we don’t have kids, we planned on having it removed but every time we mention it to our friends with kids, they beg us to keep it.

But it’s ginormous and a waste of space… it’s the swing set you see here, a slide that’s as tall as a tree, monkey bars, and a jungle gym, and it’s about 50 years old and very unsafe. Not to mention, it takes up a good sized area in our backyard… so it has to go… because even if we did get pregnant by some sort of voodoo magic, or even adopted, the equipment is so big, that any kids really couldn’t play on it for a few more years. So it’s got to go… and going it is next Monday… and we are really excited to see it go.

retro summer look, rainbow dress, long straight hair

retro summer look, rainbow dress, long straight hair

retro summer look, rainbow dress, long straight hair

retro summer look, rainbow dress, long straight hair

retro flip flops, blue and red thongs

retro summer look, rainbow dress, long straight hair

Happy Hump Day!

* FACEBOOK * TWITTER * BLOGLOVIN’ * PINTEREST *

• Abby

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Yeah, just viewing this post brought me right back to when I was little. I needed that.

And let’s not get crazy saying those swings are 50 years old. They didn’t have plastic coverings over the chains even 30 years ago…

• Guusje Ubachs

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Such a shame your getting rid of it! of course,… it’s the best choice, but it looks so vintage and gives such a dreamy feeling. But well, I admire the fact that you cán get rid of it, I wouldn’t be able to ;)
    And by the way, I like the way you wear the dress! good combination!

Guusje
    thealonewanderer.blogspot.com

• Sagebrush Gazette

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Love this look, and love that you shot photos on a swing set. Very happy and summery! Nice work! xo

• CodeOverdressed

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Cute dress, the colorful stripes are so much fun! Those swings reminded me of my childhood, which means those are definitely not so new, so yeah I think it’s a good idea to let them go, little Delilah won’t be safe.

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

• Venoma

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Lovely outfit :)

XoXo
    Venoma
    Venoma’s fashion diary

• Jennifer

May 22, 2013 | Reply

Very cute Maegan!

xo Jennifer

• Emma Finlayson

May 23, 2013 | Reply

Totally love the youthful look! The dress totally does not look too big belted like that!
    So cute!!!
    xo Emma

• jenn~the stylish housewife

May 23, 2013 | Reply

SO many things to say here. Um, first…I just went on an Olivia Newton John video watching spree! Magic…Physical…OMG…I loved her music!!! Second, I have that dress in two different colors…love it. Third…when we bought our house, it had an amazing jungle gym. I had just found out I was pregnant and thought oh…we won’t need it for YEARS. So we made them remove it prior to us moving in. Before having a kid, both my husband and I HATED seeing faded old kid toys in people’s yards. Well, we ended up buying one last year (a used one…that was still a complete rip-off). I still kick myself for getting rid of it. And somehow now I magically don’t even see the faded old toys that we have strewn about. LOL. So yeah, I know what you mean about getting rid of it though. But I’m sending some voodoo magic love…and I’m singing “Magic” while whipping my head back and forth…just like Olivia. =)

XOXO, Jenn