What I’m Wearing…
* Black and white side pleat dress by re:named
* Vintage leopard coat from the ’60s made by my grandma // similar leopard coat here
* Vintage ’80s hair bow // similar hair bow here
* Vintage beaded statement necklace was a gift // also seen on Kim Kardashian
* 3chain ‘Falabella’ shaggy faux deer bag by Stella McCartney
* Black suede thigh high boots by Free People
* Red nails : Wet n’ Wild megalast ‘Rouge 66’ – seriously, my favorite red ever.
* Title: lyrics from Laurel ‘Holy Water’
I just love the combination of these two prints together, and really the entire look. If I could wear it every single day, I think I just might… for now anyway. I’ve been looking for the perfect flat over the knee boots for what seems like an eternity, and these are the sure winners. I love the retro, boho vibe and so far, they’re staying up where they should. I think high socks may help do the trick even more, but for now, they’re working. They’re black but almost feel brown… they are new faves paired with old faves, and I love that about my closet. I was thinking the other night that I should probably go through my wardrobe and sell some items… and then almost immediately I had this feeling that hoarders must get, and decided not to. I definitely am one of those who has been building her wardrobe over time, so there are very few pieces that “don’t belong” but there definitely are some that don’t fit right or just aren’t flattering. And then I have the thought of Halloween costumes and want to save old items for those purposes, which I do tend on using. But this is the way my brain works when it comes to my closet. Maybe one day I’ll filter through it and list things for sale. Until then, I’ll be a hoarder, I suppose.
In other news, my actual closet, the walk-in I’ve dreamed of having my entire life and finally have, is a total and complete utter MESS. And I mean, mess… like can’t see the floor in a teenager’s room, mess. It’s at the point where I don’t even want to begin, it’s so overwhelming, and I just want someone to come do it for me… and then that thought immediately sends hoarder doubts back into my being. I think the main reason is the closet design isn’t the best for function and need and I’d love to redo the entire thing, but I’m worried it won’t live up to my dreams, and so I neglect it.
You’re welcome for that hump day stream of thought 😉 & far too many photos below.
Happy Hump Day Lovecats!
* Find all my style posts here