What I’m Wearing…
* Bebe mixed print tiered/ruffled maxi dress … ANCIENT and I’m still in love with it! I’ve had this dress since before I started this blog ( purchased in 2006 maybe? ) and have worn it here (2013), here (2010), here (2011), and an old fave, here (2009 -when I first started venturing outdoors for outfits shoots) …will forever remain a favorite for a few obvious reasons; it’s flattering, it makes my boobs look bigger than they are… but mostly, it makes me feel super feminine when I’m wearing it.
* Blank Denim Embroidered leather jacket
* Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lindsay’ suede ankle strap sandals
* Chanel Surpique bucket bag
* Victoria’s Secret bra
* Vintage bow clip in hair
* Title: Portugal. The Man – “Feel It Still”… Got another mouth to feed… Leave her with a baby sitter, mama, call the grave digger… Gone with the fallen leaves… Am I coming out of left field?
It’s barely August and there’s a stillness in the air… and somehow it feels like summer is coming to an end.
Maybe it’s because I’m sitting here in a sweater, or maybe it’s because kids are already going back to school, or maybe it’s because we’ve had stormy weather for the past four days (which has been incredibly beautiful and tropical feeling)… but regardless, I don’t mind it really, and it’s refreshing to be content in the moment…
I was sitting out on my patio late the other night and had a flash back to last summer and smiled… so many warm summer nights I spent sitting on my patio, alone with my dogs, thinking and writing and trying to figure out where my life was headed. So many emotions filled me, but mostly I felt grateful, even though my life had been turned upside down.
I was terrified of the winter ahead of me. I was uncertain as to what I was going to do and who I was going to become and pondered the importance of so many things I had made priorities in my life simply to distract myself from the unhappiness that swirled inside of me.
A year later, everything seems chaotic now, but in a good way… and in the moments where I feel overwhelmed and stressed out and confused and pray for a little balance, I remember how bored I was for so many years wishing I had a little more adventure in my life… searching for something to fill my soul with wonder and amazement.
The word adventure has a million different meanings. To some, and maybe to most, adventure means travel and seeing new places. But to me, adventure simply means having new experiences that spark life inside me, that make me feel like every day isn’t exactly the same as the last… I wanted a life that I felt alive in… and I have that feeling now.
There are still plenty of tears, but now they are accompanied by a smile.
TIP! The zipper pull broke off so I looped a black tassel through the base and not only does it work as a pull, it looks super cute too 😉
Happy Friday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here