* This is an unbelievably easy DIY if you have the right tools and materials. It took me about ten minutes and I let them dry over night and BOOM… new shoes for the holidays or prom or Halloween or JUST FOR FUN!
I featured a bunch of cute shoe tassel DIYs by Honestly WTF a while ago and maybe this is what inspired me to create my own… BUT, I pulled these cute Jean-Michel Cazabat ankle strap sandals the other day from my closet -and as much as I love them, I don’t entirely like the two-toned color scheme and wanted to just upgrade them to something a little more fun. So I grabbed this vintage tassel trim I found at a thrift shop a few years ago and got to work.
I love the movement they have when I walk, though if you notice, the ankle strap on these particular heels sits below my ankle bone (which is generally very flattering on the leg) HOWEVER, this would also look super cute on an ankle strap heel that sits above the ankle bone… just an afterthought though. Anyway, let’s just get to it!
Here’s What You’ll Need…
* First determine where you buckle your ankle straps around your leg or foot… Because you’re going to glue the tassel trim to the strap, you need to make sure you’ll be able to get them on and off without destroying your work and the shoe.
* Measure and cut your tassel trim to fit your ankle strap. Leave an extra 1/2″ at each end.
* Fold over your ends and glue them down. This will keep them from fraying.
* Using your q-tip, dab enough glue and spread it evenly along about 3″ of your ankle strap and set your trim in place. Continue and repeat the step above for the next 3″ and until you get to the end.
* Move your tassel trim around while your glue is still wet to set it in place.
* Find all my DIY Tutorials here